Arduino USB Host Shield -- Arduino ADK
- Units in Stock: 91
- Date Added: Saturday 27 August, 2011
Add to Cart:
Arduino official designed Arduino ADK. However, if you've already got an Arduino board, you don't have to spend much money on that Arduino ADK board. With this shield we supply, your Arduino board can become Arduino ADK.
Arduino ADK Shield is based on Android Open Accessory Development Kit(ADK). Arduino ADK Shield has many added features like support of both 5V and 3.3V I/O, smaller form-factor, better placement of reset button, pads for more pin-headers. Using Arduino ADK Shield With Arduino to build your own Mobile accessories. Open Source Android development platform and Arduino ADK Shield With Arduino is an ideal solution for mobile based Home Automation.
Arduino ADK Shield supports Android devices: Tablet PC v3.1 and Mobile Phone v2.3.4 and above with Google Open Accessories API (ADK).
Arduino ADK Shield can compatible with Arduino Mega 2560, Arduino Uno 328, Arduino Diecimila/Duemilanove 328.
Arduino ADK Shield support USB HOST mode,support HUB protocol.
What is Android Open Accessory Development Kit?
The Android 3.1 platform (also backported to Android 2.3.4) introduces Android Open Accessory support, which allows external USB hardware (an Android USB accessory) to interact with an Android-powered device in a special "accessory" mode. When an Android-powered powered device is in accessory mode, the connected accessory acts as the USB host (powers the bus and enumerates devices) and the Android-powered device acts as the device.
Android USB accessories are specifically designed to attach to Android-powered devices and adhere to a simple protocol (Android accessory protocol) that allows them to detect Android-powered devices that support accessory mode. Accessories must also provide 500mA at 5V for charging power. Many previously released Android-powered devices are only capable of acting as a USB device and cannot initiate connections with external USB devices. Android Open Accessory support overcomes this limitation and allows you to build accessories that can interact with an assortment of Android-powered devices by allowing the accessory to initiate the connection.
Refer to home page by Google for more information.
- Supports Android Mobile Phone: G1, Nexus One, Nexus S, Motorola Droid X with Android v2.3.4 and above devices
- Arduino Mega 2560, Arduino Uno 328, Arduino Diecimila/Duemilanove 328 Compatible
- 1 Hardware TWI (I2C)
- 1 Hardware SPI
- 5v/3.3V compatible
- Support USB HOST mode and HUB protocol
- The SPI interface has been moved to ICSP header making shield compatible out of the box with "big" Arduinos Mega and 2560. Standard size boards, such as Duemilanove, UNO, as well as clones with classic connector layout, are also compatible with this revision of the shield. This compatibility is maintained on a software level as well. All necessary code changes are performed using conditional compilation preprocessor directives.
- USB connector has been moved to the opposite side of the board. All external connectors are now in the same place making enclosure layout easier.
- MAX3421E RESET line is no longer handled by dedicated Arduino pin. While MAX_RESET pin is still used in current version of USB Host library, it will be dropped from the next major revision of the code.
- Besides "Mega-formfactor" compatibility, connecting to Arduino SPI signals on ICSP connector has several advantages. First of all, in this layout traces are much shorter and as a result, the shield works more reliably at higher SPI speeds and/or larger signal and power noise. Second, since the 2X3 connector, which comes bundled with the shield, is of 'stackable' variety, it is possible to connect AVR Dragon or other ICSP programmer to Arduino while Arduino ADK Shield is mounted. Finally, pins 11-13, occupied by SPI signals on "classic" Arduinos, are vacant on Megas and also uncommitted on the shield. Therefore, they can be used for other purposes without USB library code modifications.
Connect with Android Phone:
- Click to watch the test result
- Click to download the code and schematic