Sensor Shield V8 for Arduino
Save: 40% off
- Model: ARD_SEN_SD08
- Units in Stock: 913
- Date Added: Monday 23 December, 2013
Add to Cart:
Here comes the Sensor Shield V08.
Although we updated our Sensor Shield to Version 8.0, we think we need to explain the following question:
1. What is the Sensor Shield?
Sensor Shield was designed to help Arduino users to connect various sensor modules easily. It saves much trouble for users to do the wiring, especially when there are so many modules connecting to Arduino.
2. Is that a necessity?
No, not really. It just makes your work easy. If you have tools or have experience on dealing with hardware work. You could do without it. However, if you do not have enough experience on hardware making, we recommend it to you.
Compare with Sensor Shield V7, the most important improvement is the SPI interface. We know that Arduino Leonardo and Arduino Due are different with Arduino UNO on the SPI port.The only way to access SPI port on Arduino Leonardo and Arduino Due is the 2x3 mail pins in the middle of the board. It may be incontinent for users to access it. Sensor Shield V08 breaks those pins out.
- Compatible with Arduino 1.0 pinout
- Compatible with Arduino UNO, Arduino Leonardo, Arduino DUE, Arduino Mega and Arduino Duemilanove
- On-board VCC pins could be switched between 5V and 3V3
- 2.54mm spacing anti-reverse header which is also compatible of universal 2.54mm spacing female headers
- Overlapping designing which allows other Arduino shield inserted on the top
- On-board Rest button which could reset Arduino (Just like the Reset button on Arduino)
Look at the PCB view above, the 2 rows of VCC in black box could be changed between 5V and 3.3V by the VCC SWITCH on the board.
Arduino Sensor Shield V08 x1