Compared with PN532 NFC RFID module V4, this purple version has a different PN532 IC version which is much cheaper. Please check this file for more information about the IC difference.
If you plan to use it for your product, we strong recommend to use PN532 NFC RFID module V4 instead of this purple version.
Reading Distance on PVC Mifare one S50 tag:
- PN532 Purple Version: 6cm
- PN532 Red Version: 7cm
- PN532 Purple Version consumes 50uA more current than PN532 Red Version
- Small dimension and easy to embed into your project
- Support I2C, SPI and HSU (High Speed UART), easy to change between those modes
- Support RFID reading and writing, P2P communication with peers, NFC with Android phone
- RFID reader/writer supports:
- Mifare 1k, 4k, Ultralight, and DesFire cards
- ISO/IEC 14443-4 cards such as CD97BX, CD light, Desfire, P5CN072 (SMX)
- Innovision Jewel cards such as IRT5001 card
- FeliCa cards such as RCS_860 and RCS_854
- Up to 6cm~7cm reading distance on Mifare tags, 2~4cm on square SRT512(IOS14443B) tag
- On-board level shifter, Standard 5V TTL for I2C and UART, 3.3V TTL SPI
This boards shares exactly the same designing as PN532 NFC RFID module V4.